CLICK

Thursday, April 15, 2010

True Love by Lurlene McDaniel


my first book review.

like the previous one that i've read, how do i love thee, this book true love is equally good. like always, i tend to go for a good bargain, 3 stories in one thick novel with a very reasonable price. yup, imma sucker for that.

the stories flow like this: Love, Romance and Friendship.

Love: Don't Die,My Love
Romance: I'll Be Seeing you
Friendship: A Rose for Melinda

my most fav is the 3rd story, the name reminded me of someone, kind of ironic or something. it was the most gripping yet out of the three. i cried a lot for this one. guess i saw how painful it is and the story was not written in the usual novel way. it was in the form of letters, emails, invitations, IM's, short notes and phone conversation. oh, and the diaries too. so you know it straight from the character's head. the others was ok, the first and the last involving death but not the second one. but for all the stories, it was worth reading.

Lurlene McDaniel is good with love and death. but the foremost important elements that she's trying to convey is hope and faith for the ones you loved. no matter if you are still alive or dead, the love never dies. yeah, i cried, it was sad and depressing. but a very good read. i rarely dissapoint myself when i pick up a book to read, one or two maybe but so far, i like my collection. you might call me shallow but as long as i enjoy what i read, you should do the same and get off my case.

1 comment: